Make Your Website Accessible with Accessibility Checker
Accessibility Checker by Equalize Digital provides easy to understand accessibility error and warning notifications right on your post and/or page edit screen.
Accessibility Checker automatically scans your content each time you save a draft or hit publish, giving you real-time feedback on your post’s or page’s accessibility. Receive a visual overview of how your content stacks up against more than 40 different accessibility checks created to meet Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.1 success criteria. Each item is identified as an error or warning depending upon its severity, so that you can prioritize your fixes. For each error or warning flagged, Accessibility Checker lists the code that triggered the error or warning. Thorough documentation is available to guide you on how to fix accessibility problems on your website.
Ensure Ongoing ADA, Section 508, AODA, & WCAG Compliance
For already accessible websites, Accessibility Checker is an excellent tool for ensuring ongoing compliance and accessibility. The in-page test helps content managers and contributors confirm that they have entered their content in an accessible manner. No need to be an accessibility expert or memorize long lists of WCAG success criteria – Accessibility Checker provides an easy to understand accessibility checklist. Content area scans are visible on each post’s or page’s edit screen as you type – no need to go elsewhere on your site to view results or visit a third-party website.
A Vital Part of Your WordPress Accessibility Strategy
Accessibility Checker is the best automated tool to run along with your manual accessibility tests. It’s perfect for small business websites, large enterprise organizations, and everything in between. Whether you’re running a small brochure website, an eCommerce store with thousands of products, or a multi-site network for a university, Accessibility Checker is the right tool for your website:
- No limits on pages scanned. Have hundreds of blog posts or pages on your website? No problem!
- Coded and tested by accessibility experts. Equalize Digital is a corporate member of the International Association of Accessibility Professionals and experts at building accessible WordPress websites.
- WCAG 2.1 A, AA, & AAA guidance. Flags errors and warnings for accessibility problems according to WCAG 2.1.
- Readability analysis & auto insertion of simplified summary. Includes a Flesch Kincaid grade level analysis and place to enter a simplified summary to meet WCAG Success Criterion 3.1.5 Reading Level.
- Ignore feature. Easily close errors or warnings that have been assessed manually and determined to be not relevant. Optionally, document a reason/notes with each ignore. Logs username and date/time when errors/warnings are ignored.
- Detailed documentation. Thorough help articles and instructions for fixing problems – the perfect resource for learning more about accessibility.
- [Pro] Scan additional post types. Add the Accessibility Checker in-post accessibility audit to any post type present on your website.
- [Pro] Centralized Open Issues list. See all existing issues in one place for fast-track accessibility remediation.
- [Pro] Ignore Log. See all items that have been ignored on the website, by whom, and when in one central place. Reopen errors or warnings that have been incorrectly ignored.
- [Pro] User restrictions on Ignore. Limit which user roles can ignore errors and warnings – allows for greater admin control and management of accessibility review.
- [Pro] Accessibility statement. Draft accessibility statement that you can modify for your organization and publish on your website to share your accessibility efforts with the public.
- [Pro] Rename Simplified Summary. Rename the simplified summary heading to something that makes more sense for your audience and brand.
How It Works
To get started with Accessibility Checker Pro or learn more about how it works, plese reference our Getting Started Quick Guide or watch this video showing the settings page and how to test your posts and pages with Accessibility Checker.
Our Support Team is Here to Help You
The Equalize Digital team aims to provide regular support for Accessibility Checker on the WordPress.org forums. If you have a question about the plugin or its use, please post in the support forum, and we will do our best to help you in a timely manner. Our support hours are Monday-Friday, 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM U.S. central time. Please understand that we do prioritize support for purchasers of Accessibility Checker Pro or our Priority Support Packages.
If you need one-on-one email support, please consider purchasing Accessibility Checker Pro. Accessibility Checker Pro customers receive unlimited personal support on plugin usage and features.
We also offer Priority Support Packages that include phone and Zoom video support, as well as assistance with accessibility/screen reader testing and custom coding. Priority Support Packages are perfect for agencies, freelancers, and website managers who want an accessibility expert on-call to provide consultation and assistance as they remediate their website’s accessibility. Learn More About Priority Support
Accessibility Checker supports a variety of WordPress editors and can scan and identify issues no matter how you’re building your site. Accessibility Checker has been tested and confirmed compatible with:
- Gutenberg Block Editor
- The Classic Editor
- Advanced Custom Fields
- Beaver Builder
- [Pro] WooCommerce