Admin Tag UI improves the tag sections found in the admin backend’s classic editor add and edit post screens. There are several changes to the interface.
Add, Edit Post Screens
- Shows all tags instead of just the most used – Helpful to see all of the tags instead of having to guess for less commonly used ones.
- Displays the tags in a list on their own lines rather than trying to show them all on the same line.
- Displays the tags in 2 columns (or can be set to 1).
- Increased font size of tags making it easier to read and select.
- Highlights selected tags
- Clicking on tags will no longer jump the screen up to the “Add” tag field.
- Automatically reveals the tags instead of having to click to have them revealed.
- The appearance changes also apply to the tags under the currently selected tags section.
- For selected tags, hovering over the remove (X) icon highlights the entire tag in red. The purpose is to more easily identify which tags are being hovered over.
There is a settings page allowing several of the changes above to be turned on or off, or altered. This allows a fine tuning of the user interface to fit your needs. All of the settings above are enabled by default.