Advaced Product Fields (Product Addons) allows you to add extra form fields to your WooCommerce product pages. Whether you want to create a pizza configurator or add extra options, this plugin has got you covered!
Allow customers to personalize their product with a handful of extra choices, fields, etc… These options can increase the final product price too. The extra form data submitted by the customer will be shown on the cart and checkout pages and will be saved on the backend order.
The backend looks & works similar to ACF, so you are familiar with setting up the extra product options without a hassle.
- Intuitive and beautiful backend builder which looks like Advanced Custom Fields
- 9 different form elements to choose from:
- Text field – A normal text input field to collect single-line text
- Text area – To collect multi-line text
- Email – An input field to accept only email addresses
- URL – A text field to accept only links (URLs)
- Number – A number field to accept both decimal or whole numbers
- Select (drop-down) – A dropdown field to select one option from a list of options
- Checkboxes – To choose one or more options
- Radio buttons – To select one option from multiple options
- True/false – A single “yes or no” checkbox, which you usually know from “accept the terms of conditions” fields
- Conditional logic (show/hide fields based on other input fields)
- Dynamic product price: Change the WooCommerce product price in cart depending on the field value(s)
- Works with your WooCommerce tax settings
- Optimized for speed and faster than other plugins in this genre
- Visibility options: decide on which product(s) to show your fields
- Works with both simple & variable products and also supports variable products over ajax
- Frontend already translated in English, French, German, Spannish, and Dutch
- Translation-ready for other languages
How can our plugin be useful and what should you use it for?
WooCommerce only has limited features to display extra product options on your product pages. You can use their “variable products” which can add a few select (dropdown) lists to a product.
But what if you’re selling customizable t-shirts where customers can print their name on a t-shirt? Or what if you’d like your customers to build their own pizza where they can freely choose extra toppings?
These product types can’t be built with WooCommerce out-of-the-box. That’s where our plugin comes in. It allows you to build more complex WooCommerce products that can easily be personalized by your customer.
When should you use WooCommerce built-in variations versus our plugin? We wrote a handy blog post to answer that question.
What makes our plugin different from the competition?
During your research, you may have seen other plugins that do (more or less) the same. Here is how we are different:
Our plugin is younger than the competition. It does not have to support older WooCommerce or WordPress versions so you benefit from modern code.
Quality above quantity. We carefully choose what & how we implement features so the plugin remains lightweight and fast.
The plugin’s frontend scripts are tiny (~7kb) and doesn’t impact your SEO score.
Easy-to-use modern backend which follows WordPress & WooCommerce standards.
Regular updates to stay on top of new WordPress & WooCommerce versions.
Our plugin runs fewer database queries because we’ve spent time optimizing how data is stored.
We understand these statements are meaningless without additional proof to back them up, so here are a few links to help make up your mind:
- Check out the WordPress reviews here.
- Plugin comparison with screenshots and proof.
- Unofficial plugin test & rating.
Having doubts? Just contact us with your questions!
- WooCommerce 3.4.0 or higher
- WordPress 4.7 or higher
- PHP 5.6 or higher
Limitations of the free version
Our free version is great for small stores or stores that don’t need to add many complex options to their products.
There are two main limitations of the free version that you should be aware about:
- The free version does not integrate with 3rd party plugins such as WooCommerce Subscriptions or a multi-currency plugin.
- The free version does not work with themes using Ajax technology for their product “add to cart” button.
If you need those aspects, you may consider our premium version. You can read ahead what’s included with premium.
Everything from the free version, plus:
- More field types:
- File upload – allowing your customers to upload one or multiple files
- Image swatches – multi and single choice options with images
- Color swatches – multi and single color options
- Text swatches – text options
- Date – adds a calendar picker
- Content fields to add content to your product pages (no form inputs):
- Paragraph – so you can add text, HTML, titles, and shortcodes to your product page
- Image – to add extra images
- Section – to group fields in a section
- Support for themes using “ajax add to cart” technology
- The product image on the frontend can be changed when different options are selected
- Set a minimum/maximum allowed number of selections on multi-select fields
- More pricing options: formula-based pricing, quantity-based pricing, percentage-based pricing, value-based pricing, and character length pricing
- You can also give discounts (negative pricing) on options
- Quantity-based fields: repeat fields if your visitors change product quantity
- Works with page/product builders like Elementor, Oxygen, and Divi
- Variable builder for more complex pricing possibilities
- More options to attach one field group to multiple products at once (via product name, variation or category)
- Support for multilingual stores through WPML or Polylang
- Works with your WooCommerce tax settings
- Support for multi-currency stores via the WOOCS plugin
- More integrations with other plugins (such as WooCommerce Subscriptions) & popular themes. See here
- More options for text fields: min. and max. length, or HTML validation (regex pattern)
- Actions & filters so you can extend the plugin with additional features
- HTML output allowing you to more easily style certain aspects with CSS
- Great tutorials to display a multi-step form, build a pizza configurator, etc …
- And more..!